Friday, March 4, 2011

29 Weeks Old and India Part One

Lulu and I left early Sunday morning to head out to India. We first flew to Seattle from Portland which was the shortest flight I have ever been on. It was only 35 minutes long if that was the whole distance we had to go to get to Cody in India that would have been nice. Then from Seattle we headed off to Amsterdam That was a 10 hour flight and then from Amsterdam to Delhi that was 8 in half hour flight. With layovers and fly time it took us 25 hours to make it to Delhi where we meet Cody!
Lulu did a really great job on all of the flights. From Seattle to Amsterdam she took two naps and the rest of the time she just played, she spit up on me and her self which meant we both needed to change our clothes. Our flight from Amsterdam to Delhi she slept most of the time so that was nice. I wish I could say the same about my self but I slept for a couple of hours and then I woke up the last three hours of the flight thinking about all the things I needed to do once I got to the Delhi airport before I was able to get to Cody!
Once we landed we made through costumes and Immigrations we got our suitcase and we were off. We walked out into the front of the airport and there were tons of men holding signs and waiting for people I looked for Cody but I couldn't see him I turned to walk one way when all of a sudden I hear "Alycia" I looked and there was Cody standing in the middle of all the other people waiting, he had the biggest smile on his face he came over to us and gave us a hug, Lulu was in the baby Bjorn in front of me she looked up at Cody with a big smile and she reached up with her hand and touched his face, it was the sweetest moment had between father and daughter (I wish I had my camera out to capture that moment). We made it safely.
We left the airport and headed to our hotel once we got there Cody had a bag full of drinks and snacks for me to eat, he told me that he had the next two days planned to show us all around Delhi.
On Wednesday Cody had rented a car and when you rent a car it comes with a driver because it is so crazy to drive in India that you need to be used to all the craziness or you would die. There are cars going every which way, no lights, people riding bikes, scooters, buses, trucks, people crossing right in front of on coming traffic. There would be bikes with two or three people on them, and scooters with whole families up to 5 or 6 people on one scooter. In the car we went on a four hour rode trip to see the Taj Mahal.

Horse Cart Ride to the Taj Mahal


Taj Mahal

The Taj Mahal was pretty amazing, I couldn't believe that Lulu, Cody and I were actually at the Taj Mahal. As soon as we got on to the grounds people were coming up to us wanting to get their picture taking with Lulu it was pretty funny, it was like she was a little movie star!

Here is a picture of some of the people that wanted to have there picture taking with Lulu. As we would walk around people would stop us to get there picture taking with Lulu and then a lot of people wanted to touch her and look at her.


I love Lulu's face in this picture what a goof ball!

Agra Fort
After going to the Taj Mahal we went over to Agra Fort I really liked this place it was so big and open. Cody was telling me that the Mogul Emperor would keep hundreds of War Elephants on the grounds, and they would have battles against each other. So imagine how big this fort was to hold hundreds of Elephants.
People were pretty aggressive here wanting to see and touch Lulu, Cody was walking down some stairs and a lady was walking up the stairs and as she passed Cody she reached for Lulu. Cody just kept going because by this time Lulu was getting pretty tired and fussy and we were just ready to go, but this lady really wanted to not only touch Lulu but hold her so she kept trying to grab for her and was saying something about wanting to touch Lulu. It was pretty crazy!
After we were done at the Fort we were going to make our long journey back home which was a four hour drive so we thought it would be a good idea to feed Lulu to make sure her little tummy was full. We found a spot in the fort where no one was and where we could sit down, we got all comfy and set up. When all of a sudden a whole group of people came over to us and were standing there looking at us. They didn't know English but they kept pointing to me and saying baby so we knew they wanted to see Lulu. Cody told them that the baby was eating, we were thinking that they would leave but they just stood there, then they sent there kids over to sit by us to have there picture taken with us. Then they just stood there and watched us so I pulled Lulu out to show them and they were all excited took lots of pictures and then Lulu waved goodbye to them and they all left. Cody and I thought that was pretty funny.


India Gate
We made just a quick stop at the India Gate it was pretty big and pretty busy there were people everywhere, I kind of felt like I was at a fair. There was a ton of people everywhere wanting to sell you stuff from food to toys to pictures. We didn't stay long but it was very interesting to see. Cody took this picture of us in front of the India Gate, he did a pretty good job!

Lulu in her car seat and sporting her little hat, I just thought it was such a cute picture I had to put it in.
Random shots of the city, I wanted to take more pictures of the city and I'm sure I will have the chance to take more but this is a little peek on what it looks like.



Hare Krishna Temple
The first day that Lulu and I were in Delhi we went around to a few sights this was the Hare Krishna Temple.


Humayun's Tomb


Qutab Minar





Lotus Temple
After a few fun filled days in Delhi we made it to Calcutta were Cody is staying and we got all settled in. Here is our washing machine!


Cody's landlord let us borrow this crib for Lulu but it is a little to small for he, with the bumpers she can't even move so we have to take the bumpers out for her to sleep in it.

Here Lulu is sleeping in her bed without the bumpers and a mosquito net covering her.
Here are Lulu's weekly photo shoot! She turned 29 weeks old while in India!

I love this little outfit it is reversible, so I had to show pictures of her with it on both ways.





Lulu and I have enjoyed India so far Cody has taken good care of us. Lulu got sick shortly after we arrived here with a fever and throwing up but she is doing better now, she has a cough and a runny nose but at least the fever is down. We are excited for the upcoming adventures that are in store for us!

10 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I'm so glad the trip over to India went smoothly. Lulu is such a cutie pie! Pardon me for being slightly germ-a-phobic, but I hope you have hand sanitizer with you. So many people wanting to touch Lulu and are their hands clean and what did they touch before touching her, uh, you get the picture. Even having disposable handiwipes to wash your little family's hands. The pictures you took are gorgeous and we hope you have a great time over here! Be safe! ♥

*julie* said...

Oh no! I hope that's not why Lulu got sick. All her adoring fans in India are probably carrying all kinds of new germs. But it's only making her stronger, right?! She'll be able to handle anything when she gets back to the US.
Such AMAZING sights you girls get to see! And you girls are AMAZING too, such adventurists!

Kenner Family said...

Those are amazing pictures, they almost look like paintings . I love all your pictures. Love ya

Lisa said...

Wow! What an adventure for your little family, I think that is SO awesome. How fun that everyone in India is in love with Lulu, she's an international sensation!
I hope the rest of your trip is fun and wonderful, and I hope you keep us updated.
Feel better, Lulu!

star1britty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I'm so happy you guys made it safe!

Kim said...

Awesome! What an amazing trip you guys are having! I'm glad the flight over went well and that is so cute about Lulu touching Cody's face when he first saw you guys. Lulu also looks so cute in the crib with the mosquito net. Love you guys and keep having fun. Hope lulu gets feeling better! Tell cody hi!

Angie said...

Wow, sounds like a crazy time already! I am so impressed that you flew that far by yourself with a baby! That is incredible. Nice job. I love all of the pictures too!

Jessica and Ryan Toolson said...

I started crying when I thought of Cody seeing you guys in the airport! You did such a great job and it looks like you guys are having a great time! You are a trooper and I'm so happy that you are able to go out there and spend some time with Cody. How cool about all the people wanting pictures with Lulu! She is a cutie!! Miss you guys!! Keep the pictures coming!!

Kaily said...

Wow! It looks so cool over there you guys have a lot of good pictures! What an adventure, you look like you're having lots of fun.. Give Lulu a hug for me!