Saturday, March 19, 2011

Holi and More of India

We have been hanging out in Calcutta this week were Cody is working. We are standing outside of his apartment. They live on the first floor, Cut N Trim is where Cody has been getting his hair cut while he has been here, how nice that it is just down stairs.

Yesterday was Holi, Holi is one of North India's most ecstatic festivals;Hindus celebrate the beginning of spring by throwing coloured water and powder at anyone within range.
At the end of the day we went to one of Cody's partners Uncles house for dinner. They were such a sweet family and they loved Lulu.

They gave all of us gifts, they gave Lulu that little bear that she has in her hand she loved it!
We started out our day with lots of chalk throwing it was pretty fun. This is a picture at the end of all the fun!
I was covered in chalk while Lulu was taking a nap but before she got up I cleaned up a little so I could hold her and carry her around. When she first woke up from her nap and saw Cody she started to cry, he scared her. But then she eventually was OK with him. Even Lulu got a little bit of chalk on her forehead.

We went with our neighbors for a drive around and they took us to a few of their relatives to join in the chalk throwing, it was neat to meet so many neat people and watch them get into the fun.
This is a picture of us before I went and washed up!

These are some of our neighbors!

Jag, me and Cody, and our neighbor with her son! We had a lot of fun being here and participating in Holi!

Some other things that we have been up to this week. Lulu has always been a floating baby but here I caught her in the act.

Lulu has received a few gifts from her fans while she has been here. She got this really fancy doll that spins and plays music, look it is as tall as she is. She also got this blue shoes with sparkles on them they are super big but they will fit some day! People have loved seeing Lulu while we have been here she is a big hit.

Lulu looks guilty here she is playing on the I pad she wants to be just like her daddy. I love her face in this picture!


We have a friend living with us in our room his name is Gordy the Gecko and I'm not even kidding as I was typing this he came out from hiding and freaked me out. I know he isn't going to hurt me but every time I see him he freaks me out, it's just something about a four legged creature creeping and a crawling around on the walls and ceiling that I'm not a fan of! The other day I saw him and I was watching him as I do often when he is out in the open making sure he is not coming near me, I decided I should take a picture of him to put on the blog. And as I was taking his picture out came another Gecko yes that is right a second one so not only is there only one of these friends of mine roaming around in our things but there are two of them. EEEEEEKK! What is a girl suppose to do!

I think in my first post I showed you a picture of our washing machine well here is a picture of our dryer. Cody, Lulu and I make a great team when it comes to doing laundry!

Our neighbors took us on a driving tour of Calcutta the other day which was nice of them and a lot of fun! After our tour they took us out to breakfast and it was so yummy I had a wonderful omelet.

Here Lulu is ridding a bull statue in our apartment she gets a little wild sometimes!

Here is a picture of Lulu and Cody after we went to church! She was super tired in this photo that's why she isn't smiling.

Don't mind my outfit, I did bring a long skirt to wear to church but I didn't have time to try it on before I came so the first time I put it on was right before church and both Cody and I decided that it would be best if I wore pants. Ha ha ha! So I know that I look like a lame-o at church! Here is a picture of everyone in the ward. It's not very big but all the people in the ward are super nice and sweet and just loved Lulu. When we first arrived to church Cody was asked to lead the music and then after sacrament Cody was asked to teach the lesson in Sunday school he had no idea he was going to be teaching so he had like 5 minutes to prepare a lesson and he did a great job I was impressed. Way to go Cody! Sacrament was only a half hour and they started a half hour late and then Sunday school was a half hour and then they had no third hour.

Lulu turned 31 weeks today!


Here she is trying a trick of being upside down!
I have a funny story really fast. They other day Cody, Lulu and I were out for a walk when a man on a bike was peddling along the side of us and he was just looking at Lulu and not paying attention to where he was going When all of a sudden a rickshaw that was driving in front of him stopped and the man on the bike ran right into the back of it. The man driving the rickshaw got out and was not very happy towards the man on the bike. Me and Cody thought that was pretty funny. Lulu causing accidents!

6 comments:

emily said...

Looks like you guys are having so much fun! Tell Lulu to behave herself and stop floating and causing accidents! Just kidding...I know she can't help being cute. :)

Lex and Levi said...

So... at first when you were describing your firend Gordy, I thought he was a person. So I was imagining this guy creeping around your room... haha I am special! I love reading your posts! Looks like fun :)

kim huish said...

Benton keeps coming over to the computer to wave and blow kisses at you guys. It looks like you are having a crazy and fun time. I love the life-size barbie Lulu got! Also, in the post below...your second hut accommodations look a million times better! Love you guys and it was fun to be able to talk to you!

Sam and Sadie said...

What an amazing experience! Looks like you are having a blast-while also a little crazy! Can't wait to see you soon and see all the great pictures.

Kaily said...

I love keeping up with your blog, it's so cool to see what you've been doing all the way over there! Keep the pictures coming! I miss you and be safe!

Brooke and Mike said...

What a great adventure. Thank you for blogging all these stories and pictures. It is so fun to read it all! Lulu is looking SO old and adorable too : )