Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sports


I joined a flag football team through Cody's program at byu with some of the other wife's it has been so much fun. I have had so much fun and I'm so glad I did it, we have only played three games and each game we seem to be getting better. We lost our first game by a lot and then our second game we lost by a just a few points but then our third game we won! Oh yeah!
Another sport that I joined with the same girls is indoor soccer now that sport I don't enjoy as much it is to much running, and I'm not as young as I used to be when I played soccer in high school. I run half way down the field and all I want to do is fall on the ground and throw up, I am so out of shape it isn't even funny! It was fun to try playing again but it isn't something that I want to do everyday! Cody has been a great sport on coming to all my games and cheering me on, he is my number one fan! Cody is on a flag football team and a ultimate Frisbee team with some guys from his program, Cody is a hard core team player One time while I was on the side lines cheering him on he went diving for the Frisbee through the air almost into my arms. It was a pretty amazing stunt on his part although he didn't feel like it for a couple of days after that. I'm so glad that we had this opportunity to play these sports, because I love it!!

4 comments:

emily said...

That's so cool you guys get to play some different team sports. Sometimes it can be hard to get teams together. I miss playing soccer sooo much!! I just missed the season here on base ('cause I was pregnant!) so I have to wait until next summer. :( Have fun playing (and don't get hurt!)

Jonas and JJ Huff said...

Are you going to be playing when I come home...because I so want to come watch this.

Jess said...

I'm so proud of you for playing! I want to come watch! I want to play... I'm jealous actually. Do you ever "forget" that you're playing flag football and "accidentally" tackle someone? I think it's a good way to get out some stress.

Unknown said...

That's so awesome! I want to play flag football. Soccer though does not sound fun. Good for you for doing it. I have never been a big runner, although lately I'm trying to get into it. Anyway, we look forward to seeing you guys again in December. Maybe Alycia can teach me her football moves. Mike says... hope you guys are making good use of your stamps!