Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Six Months

On Sunday Cody and I have been married for six months, can you believe that. How time flies when you are having fun. I can't believe it, well the last six months have been wonderful and so much fun. Well on Sunday I attempted to make homemade Cinnamon rolls for the occasion and I planned on them only taking a hour an half to make and bake so I got up early that morning so that they would be done by the time Cody woke up. Well I was wrong my rolls took three hours to make so Cody was up and ready and I had no yummy rolls to surprise him with only the smell of them being prepared.
When the rolls were finally done we hurried and ate them so that we could make it to church on time. Surprisingly my first attempt to homemade Cinnamon rolls were a great success. They looked good and tasted delightful!
For dinner I tried another new recipe and I cooked a pot roast with potatoes and carrots. I love having this meal on Sunday and my mom always does a great job every time she makes it. So I just had to try it on my own so that i could have it more often then just when I go home to eat it. Well it turned out yummy but it wasn't as yummy as my mom's but maybe one day i can get there and do it just as well as my mom.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Way to go Alycia! Jordan and I have been married for over 5 years now and I've still never tried making a pot roast yet. I don't know why, but I'm too nervous. Happy six months!

Jess said...

YEAH!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. You know that I'm still waiting for the payback for introducing you two. I hope you have such a good time in Europe, and call me when you get home. I miss your faces~

BeckyRuss said...

I didn't know you two had a blog--so much fun! I'll make sure to check back often. E-mail me your e-mail and I'll add you to look at our blog. (we are private now :)

Angie said...

Don't you hate it when your mom's recipes never turn out as well when you make them?? Happens to me all the time.

But wow... I am impressed that you made potroast AND cinnamon rolls! I've made cinnamon rolls from frozen bread dough, but that's about it. Nice job!

Angie said...

Oh, and Happy 6 months!