Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lulu's1st Birthday Party!

Our friend who has a baby a week older than Lulu let us borrow this fun toy and Lulu loves it! It plays music and the little bear on top dances.








Angie and her family came into town this week we took a trip to Costco and while we were there we of course had to get a hot dog, and we thought it would be fun to see Lulu's reaction to sourkruat and she ended up loving it and taking the little bowl from me to feed it to herself it was crazy how much she liked it.

So the day has come, Lulu is one! We had Lulu's birthday party on Saturday the day before her birthday! And it turned out perfect!

Here is Lulu in her birthday outfit at 52 weeks old. She was loving the water balloons and did not want to work with me.



I love that I have Kallie and Angie holding the sign up behind Lulu!

Thanks Kallie and Angie!
Angie made Lulu's cute crown, I love it!




During the party we played a couple of games, the first game was a ducky race down the stream in Cody's parents back yard. Everyone loved doing it and it worked out great! Cody did a great job running it. We also did a water balloon toss and that was fun and wet.




we had beach balls blown up for the kids to play with, it was fun to watch them play!



The Birthday Girl!




The Happy Birthday sign!
The Pom Pom Balls!

The cupcakes!


Lulu's Cake!

Then we sang happy birthday to Lulu and gave her cake, Lulu wasn't to sure about what was going on. When we first put her cake on her tray she wanted to touch the flame so both Cody and I told her no and she didn't like that so she started to cry.


Both Cody and I helped Lulu to blow out her candle!


She is like what is this!

Love her face!
And then she started to cry, She didn't want her cake. We took her out of the high chair to clam her down, this is what happens when you take a short nap and don't want to take another one.



So then I sat on the grass with her to see if she would eat her cake then. She would just touch it with one finger and then try to feed me the frosting and then she started to put it in my hand. She is a funny girl!



Then Lulu got busy on opening her presents! She did a pretty good job.

Lulu also had help from her friends on opening her gifts which was good or we would have been there for ever. Lulu got some really fun toys and cute clothes.
Lulu in the madness of wrappers and presents!

Happy Birthday My Sweet Little Lulu!

5 comments:

emily said...

Happy Birthday Lulu!! The party looks like it was a success. Everything is so cute! I love that cake and all the decorations. I need to consult with you on my next party. Matthew cried on his first birthday when we gave him his cupcake to eat. He just poked at the frosting and started crying. :) I'm glad it was a fun party! Wish we could have been there!

Angie said...

What an adorable party! I LOVE the cake and the decorations... Nice job! And the games were so cute too.

That is so funny that she wouldn't eat her cake! That's okay though... It's a lot of pressure with everyone watching you! She is so cute though, and I love her little crown!

Heather said...

So fun!!! Looks like she had a great party!! That stand up toy thing looks way fun.

Kim said...

Great party! Happy birthday lulu!

Brooke and Mike said...

Happy Bday little gal! You are adorable! I'm very sad b/c I was just thinking...have we ever met Lulu?! I feel like I have b/c I read your blog. We need a family reunion badly!!